Saturday, June 23, 2012

vent. iphoto sucks.

iPhoto just ruined my week. I'm not sure I'll be able to make sense right now with the amount of anger and disappoint radiating from every pore in my body. But I'll try.

I was given some hefty news yesterday - hefty as in shitty. All.....now let me be sure this is very clear.......ALL movies I've taken with my iPhone in the past two years is gone.

I didn't know this but, (and it would have been really cool if iPhoto had a pop-up or SOMETHING to alert me) apparently when a movie is exported to some other place on your computer (in my case, an external HD) if you export it along with the rest of your photos only the first still image of the movie is saved and the rest of your movie is sent to oblivion to rest with Dr. Frankenfurter. Sure, I know I'm to blame for assuming all media was there - but how was I to know the "still" photo I was shown in thumbnail previews was just a picture and not the whole movie?

Anyway, Vega will be two in October. I will have had my iPhone for two years in August. Needless to say many videos were taken of her on my iPhone and.....

.....so it's a sad day. The loss is huge.

HUGE.




No comments: