Monday, August 1, 2011

August 1st, 2011

There is a baby on my boob. Or is it a little monkey? I can't tell these days - because Vega is my Curious Georgina. Not because she's curious, but because she reminds me, physically, of a cute little baby monkey.

I think it's her long limbs and the way her ears slightly stick out from her perfectly round head.
Oh, and possibly her wispy hair that sticks straight up when she's done napping.

And I mean it in the most endearing way possible, of course.

Mon petite singe. My little monkey.

She fell asleep while nursing so I'm getting some work done. (and blogging. Whoopee!) Time is flying with her. She's getting so big, so, so, (too) fast.


So is she. Clementine started preschool this past week, going a few hours three days a week. She loves it. I knew she would. She's making new friends, socializing, learning, and I get to spend some one-on-one time with Vega. A win-win, if I do say so myself.

She's easily the funniest little girl I've ever known. I think she's taking improv classes at night when we go to sleep because she is drama x 100. But I love it. I always wanted a girl with some spunk.


Ethan is a 2nd grader now - obsessed with recording shows off the DVR, and currently wants this.

That boy. Got his sweet tooth from his mama.

And there isn't a 7-year-old boy sweeter to his baby sister than this one.

....but there is an 11-year-old who gives him serious competition. They fight over her - over who can make her smile more, over who she'll crawl to first. I just roll my eyes cause I know she loves them both so much!

He's in the 6th grade now. Almost 12 years old. Loves shooting hoops and is trying so very hard to convince me that he needs a cellphone and a facebook page.


NOT anytime soon, my dear. Although I do admire his tenacity.

I hear about one or the other, or both......every - single - day.


Working on his ballin' skills.
You go, Sebbie.

Can't wait for bball season.
They better watch out!










1 comment:

Marcela said...

Beautiful, beautiful family!!