Sunday, March 4, 2012

TAE KWON DO


I took Ethan to his first ever Tae Kwon Do tournament today. We were ALL supposed to go, but I read the fine print on the flyer the morning of, and decided that an all day event probably wouldn't go over well with Vega.

I was definitely sad that we all weren't going to be there to support him on his big day, but sometimes that's just the way it goes and there's nothing to be done about it. Turns out I made the right decision since half the tournament was held outdoors in full sunlight.




My feet are nice and brown from being baked for a few hours, but it was well worth it to see Ethan demolish a couple of boards and hold his own in the sparring sessions (which were held indoors, thank God!!)


And here he is - super happy with his trophies. 2nd place in board breaking and 2nd place in his belt rank sparring division.

Go Ethan!

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

Wow! Congrats to him. Your family is really so beautiful!. I'm impressed you went. I use the baby as an excuse for tournaments in general ;)
My spambot word is rrspect ;)