Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Boys.


ETHAN

Ethan got his Scholastic book order today. He was so excited to open the cellophane wrapped books waiting for him in his backpack. The boys always love when the thin paper catalog comes home from school. They circle the books they want then narrow it down to the $25 I give them to spend. They usually end up with at least 6 books. Not bad. Sure they're paperbacks, but still - a book is a book.

So tonight Ethan picked out one of his new books for bedtime and seriously, he couldn't have picked a cuter story. We were both "awww-ing" at every page turn. It was the perfect bedtime story. I know it's older than me, but I had never read it before - so glad he picked it out.

Safe to say we found a new favorite. Simple. So simple. But perfect.

He snuggled his face into my neck as I read and I couldn't help but think,

I am so lucky right now.






SEBASTIAN

I was working on the computer yesterday when a folded up piece of paper came flying onto the keyboard from behind me. I turned around just in time to catch a glimpse of dark hair and heard the shuffling of feet running into the next room.

Okay. Guess he wants me to read this alone.



Are you kidding me? That made my night. My week.

Fine. I'll be honest.

It absolutely made my frickin year.

How could it not? I love love notes from my boys. Especially random-for-no-reason-ones.

Love, love, love them.





BOBBY

Last night, before bed, I asked Bobby to serve me some vanilla ice cream with slices of banana thrown in. Because I believe being pregnant constitutes being waited on hand and foot. Hello? I'm carrying your child, and I have to push him/her out in a very emotionally charged painful rollercoaster in just a few short months! Thanks. So random demands......NOT A BIG DEAL. He obliged, of course.

He was taking abnormally long and I was just about to walk into the kitchen and ask him what was up when he walked in the room and presented me with this.


Bananas, strawberries, AND cherries on top?
That man!




2 comments:

Carol said...

That letter from Sebastian made me tear up! What a thoughtful boy he is, he must learn that from daddy!

Marcela said...

Your boys sound special!!!!

I have to check that book out. Audrey would love to see the russian dolls in the pictures, she has a couple of them that we have found at secondhand shops.

You should frame that note and put it up.