Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Vamp. Re-vamp.


So, redecorating my home has been on my mind a lot lately (so much so that I created a memo in my phone listing all my ideas at 2 am one morning. I mentioned I'm OCD, right?)

I've lived at my current home for over 6 years now and feel it's time to update and get it to looking more ME. Not "me" literally....that would be quite scary and vain, but ME - my style. If that makes sense. I don't have a particular theme I'm going for, but more of a "look" that I want to achieve. Kind of bohemian meets modern meets eclectic meets vintage. All rolled into one big..........disaster.

Just kidding. It's gonna be great, and even if everyone who walks into my house hates it - I will love it because it is exactly what I want it to be. I figure I spend enough time here I may as well love what I see. Makes sense, no?

So today I was going through my craft room which is probably room #7 on the list from most important to least, and I realized that there's so much I put off and doing so adds clutter to my home. For instance, there's this really cool little cabinet my mom gave me a while back.....it's old, shabby, made of dark wood. I immediately wanted to turn it into a Frida shrine, but with an edge of Crafty Chica-ishness. I started to paint it, then stopped. Just like that - all my awesome ideas for it have just sat there for the past year waiting to be brought to life. It was supposed to hang above the toilet in my hot pink powder room along with my other Frida decor, and instead it rests, seemingly forgotten, on the craft table.

Sad. Alone. Practically dead. Just a wee little pulse, mind you.

So I took some pictures of it. And I'm posting them here.....hoping the buddy system just might MAKE me stay on task and complete the darn thing already.

The boys are officially off school tomorrow so this week I should make some progress on it. I have three photo shoots to edit, my photo blog to finish, and some fun time to squeeze in with the boys. So yes, I should make some progress on it, but it may just have to wait 'til next week.

See how I do that? That was just so easy to type out. NEXT WEEK.
That is called procrastination. That is no good.

I need a manager or a big mean giant to keep me in line. I need deadlines. I need help. :)


How do you manage your goals/to-do's?


The Craft Room.
Such a boring name.
I think I'll christen it with another when I am finished bringing it back to life.


The Cabinet.
I took off the door so now it's more of a shelf. I have some before pics somewhere but I'll post them only when this is complete. Right now, there is no point. It still looks bad!


The Goddess herself.
I love this picture of her - it's kind of a mixed media representation - and it's so awkward.
It'll eventually be on the bottom of the cabinet as if she's inviting you to come inside.
Faaavorite!



I love my ___ room. I really do.
It inspires me.
I just need to give it some TLC.

*And maybe a little massage and some pan dulce.


3 comments:

Carol said...

It's funny that you wrote that it (the room) inspires you because I was thinking that you should call it your Inspiration Space. And, I don't manage my to-do list at all. I am constantly putting out the fires and don't finish projects until the absolutely have to be done.

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

I can relate to the updating. I have been purging and changing things up around here, too.

I would love a craft room. A place to keep all of my stuff out...someday.

Mama Hen said...

I wish I had a craft room! Your room inspires me to have one. I have to get organized. Yikes! Now I need to make a to do list. I could use a massage and maybe some pan dulce also! Have a great day!

Mama Hen